Our Vision and Objectives
Westmount is a registered private school providing education recognised by the Government but free of detrimental influences that exist in society.
Our mission is to ensure that our students develop the understanding, skills, knowledge and attitudes which are not only compatible with their beliefs, but will also enable them to fulfill their potential and contribute to their community and the community at large.
To enhance children’s learning by:
- Providing high quality learning Programmes matched to the needs of individual students and aimed at promoting their eventual full participation in society.
- Recruiting, developing and retaining the best available teaching and support staff to ensure achievement of all the school’s learning goals.
- Establishing a supportive school community and to be responsive to its educational needs and wishes.
- Treating all children equally and providing them with skills, and the environment, to work well with their peers and the wider community.
Objectives arising from our Mission Statement
Teaching/Learning Programmes developed by the school will:
- Be consistent with the school’s relevant policies
- Have content that is clearly linked to student’s needs and interest
- Employ a range of teaching strategies that are appropriate for the students
- Incorporate across-curriculum perspectives
- Specify intended learning outcomes and detailed assessment and evaluation procedures
- Pre-test – assess needs – teach to needs – assess and evaluate accordingly
A supportive and progressive Board of Trustees will endeavour to:
- Provide opportunity for teacher training and relevant feedback
- Update facilities, teaching aids, technology aids
- Endeavour to ensure that an effective appraisal system is supported
- Be receptive to teaching problems and concerns
Our School will:
- Provide opportunity for open and continual communication and respond to general concerns. Parents will be made to feel welcome to come and communicate.
- Maintain equity in all curriculum areas.